The Complete Guide to Car Plate Bidding in Malaysia
On 15 April 2019, the Road Transport Department (JPJ) has rolled out the new electronic vehicle number plate bidding system. Kicking things off with the FC plate series, JPJ began the Online Vehicle Registration Number Bidding System (known as JPJeBid) in pilot project form.
The system is running under the scope of the department’s existing MySIKAP online transaction system, the feature being listed under the registration number management menu. The system is open to both companies and public who wish to tender for specific number plates. It is necessary to register on the MySIKAP portal. Individuals will need to furnish details as well as provide a copy of their identity card, while companies and businesses will have to provide copies of the business registration certificate and licence, among other things, and those not currently on MySIKAP.
Once the registration has been approved, users will now be able to utilise the e-bidding system through a computer or via a mobile device! Do note that there will be a non-refundable RM10 service charge for each registration number bidder! Let’s look at how to bid:
Here are some other things to note:
– Bidders can only make payments by locally-issued credit cards, with the use of more than one card permissible for the bid.
o If a bid is successful, the amount will be deducted immediately from the credit card.
o If a bid is unsuccessful, you will see the cancellation of the transaction and the amount credited back to the credit card, with no charges applied.
– There is no limit to a bid, but bidders will not be allowed to withdraw their bids during the bidding period.
– Each individual is eligible to successfully bid for a maximum of 3 vehicle numbers, while businesses and companies will be limited to 5 vehicle numbers per series.
– Each vehicle number requires a minimum payment and has minimum incremental bidding amount respectively, with four general categories for numbers:
o Primary value (single-digit numbers)
o Interesting (matching digits)
o Popular (double-digit, certain triple-digit numbers)
o Regular (or running)
– Bid winners have a period of 12 months to carry out the vehicle registration from the date of the letter of offer given by the department.
o No extensions or refunds will be provided.
For more information, you may call JPJ Call Centre:
– +603 8892 1186
– +603 8892 1476
– +603 8892 1456